Are you bored with the traditional preparation of fried chicken breasts? It’s time to expand your culinary repertoire a bit and get to know a very good dish – roasted chicken with oranges and rosemary. This dish will bring a breath of freshness to your daily diet and provide your body with valuable nutrients.
The secret of this recipe is the aromatic rosemary that permeates with its aroma and taste juicy chicken meat and harmoniously combines with the citrus accent of orange juice. The whole gives an incredibly tasty result – classic but original.
Chicken with oranges and rosemary is a great idea to add variety to your daily menu and surprise your family with a new flavor. The recipe is quick and easy to prepare, and the results are really fantastic.
Chicken with oranges will change your daily menu
The recipe below is not final – you can experiment with the additives at will. Although the recipe is simple and quick to prepare, the end result will depend on your imagination and creativity. In addition to rosemary, you can add other favorite herbs and spices.
Spicy spices and marinating the meat before baking are perfect for this. It all depends on you! However, don’t give up on rosemary. Although this plant is mainly associated with potatoes, pasta and pizza, it is also a great addition to baked and braised meat.
Rosemary is a source of a unique aroma that greatly improves the taste and aroma of meat. So be sure to try the recipe below. If you feel like it, you can prepare it in a garlic curry version – the resulting contrast of flavors will lead you to a completely new taste experience.
Baked chicken with oranges and rosemary – how to prepare it?
Why does roast chicken taste better?
As everyone knows, fried chicken is not the healthiest dish. It absorbs fat and significantly increases the caloric value. While roasted meat is not any more difficult or complicated to prepare, it is the most exquisite form of preparing meals.
Chicken with oranges and rosemary is a great option for a dish for special occasions. The combination of the citrus taste of orange juice with the refreshing aroma of rosemary gives excellent results. While it may seem risky at first to age, this recipe is actually a classic.
It is worth emphasizing that the delicious chicken with oranges and rosemary is a very healthy dish that provides the body with valuable nutrients – vitamins, minerals, high-quality protein and the healing properties of rosemary.
Remember that the quality of your meals is as important as their variety. And if we can combine it with the delicious taste and healing effects of other ingredients, we can be sure about our health.
- 2 chickens, peeled (approx. 2 kg)
- 3 large onions
- 4 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 2 and ½ cups of freshly squeezed orange juice (640 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of dried rosemary (45 g)
- ¾ cup of olive oil (150 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of salt (45 g)
- 3 tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper (45 g)
A method of preparing
- First, cut the onions into quite large rectangles (approx. 2 cm long).
- Then chop the garlic, add to the onion and mix in a bowl, pour olive oil and orange juice. Add a teaspoon of grated orange zest, freshly ground pepper and rosemary. Mix everything thoroughly, then set aside.
- The next step is to grease each of the chickens with the prepared mixture. Try to reach every nook and cranny of the chicken with the spices.
- Place the chickens in the freezer for about an hour to allow the dressing to stick better to the surface of the meat.
- After removing the chickens from the freezer, grease them with the dressing again and season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, heat the oven to 180 ˚C and put the chickens on a baking tray in it. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, remove the tray from the oven, turn the chickens over and bake for another 30 minutes.
- When the chickens are deliciously brown, it’s time to take them out of the oven, slice them and serve them with your favorite salad and baked potatoes.