When eating delicious green or purple grape fruits, we often throw away the grape seeds together with the twigs . However, this part is just as nutritious as the juicy flesh.
Despite its small size, grape seeds contain a lot of beneficial nutrients for humans.
In this article, you will discover the little-known benefits of consuming grape seeds. Certainly, from today you will have a completely different attitude towards them than before!
Grape seeds – why not throw them away?
Grape seeds are among the most nutritious foods in existence. They can help you maintain youth and beauty, as well as cure diseases and even lose unnecessary kilograms.
Here is a list of the amazing properties of this small grain (certainly not all of them have been discovered in scientific research yet):
- They are a great source of antioxidants.
- They protect the body against free radicals.
- They delay the aging process of tissues, organs and cells.
- They help to keep the body young.
- They lighten discoloration and reduce wrinkles.
- They improve circulation.
- They protect the body against pollution, harmful substances from cigarette smoke and other pathogens.
- They cleanse the blood of drug residues and alcohol-derived substances.
- Due to the fact that they contain flavonoids, they strengthen the walls of veins and arteries.
- They improve the health of the cardiovascular system, which is why they are highly recommended for patients after a heart attack.
- Their anti-inflammatory properties help treat conditions such as arthritis, gastritis, sinusitis and dermatitis.
- They cleanse the intestines.
- They help keep your eyes, skin and brain in good condition.
- They prevent degenerative diseases.
- They prevent the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in the arteries.
- They help stop hair loss and stimulate new hair growth.
- They help maintain youth and health of connective tissues.
- They contain antiallergic, anti-ulcer and antihistamine ingredients.
- They are an excellent anti-cancer prophylaxis.
- They slow down the development of cataracts and glaucoma.
- They strengthen the lungs and prevent respiratory diseases.
- They improve and strengthen the immune system so that many diseases can be avoided.
Grape seeds – how to eat them?
This question may seem trivial, it would seem that you just need to eat the grape with the seeds.
However, there are also other methods of consuming the seeds and reaping the benefits of their wonderful properties. You can buy grape seed extract and capsules in herbal stores and health food stores.
If you are going to eat grapes, be sure to wash them well to remove dirt and fertilizer from the peel.
It would be best to eat grapes that are grown organically. Another way is to remove the seeds from the fruit, dry them, and add them to your smoothies, smoothies or juices. You can do this with both fresh and dried seeds.
Remember to chew the seeds thoroughly, otherwise they will be difficult to digest. If you intend to take capsules, the recommended daily dose is 300 mg.
There are no contraindications for eating grapes. These fruits are the perfect snack when you or your children are craving something sweet. By eating them, you will avoid eating too much sweets and take advantage of the nutritional benefits that grapes have to offer.
A diet based on grapes and their seeds
Due to the beneficial effect of grapes on losing unnecessary kilograms and reducing the amount of fat in the body, people eagerly reach for grapes in their daily diet or during detoxification of the body (because – as we have already mentioned – this is one of their properties).
All you have to do is buy 1 kg of red grapes (different types are available) and choose the day of the week you want to start your detox and slimming diet.
What is a grape detox?
- The maximum duration of the diet is 24 hours and must not be repeated too often. It should be repeated at intervals of at least two months.
- Take two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil on an empty stomach. Then add a few drops of lemon juice to a glass of hot water and drink it.
- Remember that you cannot combine grapes with any other food. You need to wait 20 minutes for the fruit to digest. Otherwise the grape sugar will ferment in the stomach causing discomfort, gas, indigestion, etc.
- While you can eat grapes along with other fruits, it is not recommended as you will not be able to reap the full benefits of any of them.
- Bite the seeds well and crush them with your teeth.
- After taking the olive oil and lemon water, wait about 10 minutes before consuming your first serving (about the contents of one cup) of fresh grapes.
- After two hours, eat another batch of grapes. Drink plenty of water between portions.
- At lunchtime (2 hours after the previous snack), eat a dish of steamed vegetables and a handful of whole grain rice.
- Eat a serving of grapes every two hours until dinner, which should consist of a bowl of vegetable soup, grilled fish, and salad with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Eat the last portion of grapes 2 hours before going to bed.
Don’t hesitate to try this great diet that will help you shed fat and reduce water retained in your body. Most importantly, however, be sure to reap the maximum benefit from the nutritional grape seed.