A homemade furniture cleaner has many benefits. First, you save money because you will use cheap and organic ingredients to prepare it. On the other hand, you will be sure to use mild detergents that will protect your furniture while cleaning it effectively. It sounds interesting?
If you find your furniture dull or dirty, don’t hesitate to prepare a great and natural cleaner that will help you remove the dirt while adding shine to your furniture. You just need to combine 3 simple ingredients that you probably already have at home. Try this method!
How to prepare a furniture cleaner from 3 ingredients
The combination of olive oil, lemon and vinegar will help you clean any surface.
Regular cleaning and maintenance of furniture in your home is key to keeping it in good shape over time. While the cleaning industry has developed an extensive product catalog, there are several natural substances that have similar effects.
In fact, more and more people are choosing these alternatives because they do not contain harsh chemical elements, do not cause allergies and are environmentally friendly. Would you like your furniture to be cleaner? Below you will find the recipe!
- ¼ cup of olive oil (60 ml)
- 20 drops of lemon essential oil
- ½ cup of white vinegar (125 ml)
- deep container
- spray bottle
- microfiber cloth
- First, prepare a clean, deep container and pour olive oil into it (you can use a cheap brand product).
- Then add the lemon oil and vinegar.
- Mix ingredients until they combine well.
- Finally, pour the cleaner into the spray bottle.
How to use
- Spray the agent on the furniture you want to clean.
- Leave the liquid for 2-3 minutes and then scrub the furniture with a microfiber cloth.
- Make sure their surface is shiny, without stains.
- To keep your furniture in good shape, use this cleaner at least twice a week.
Why should you use this furniture cleaner?
Using natural ingredients means less impact on health and the environment.
There are many reasons why you should use household furniture cleaners instead of the more conventional versions we can find in stores. While store-bought products are usually very effective, they can contain chemicals that are not always good for your health.
Some particles can even enter the respiratory system, causing allergic reactions in children and sensitive people. In contrast, making your own natural furniture cleaner ensures that you stay away from harmful chemicals by using 100% natural ingredients.
Natural furniture cleaner – advantages:
- its ingredients are delicate and do not affect the health of the respiratory system or the skin,
- do not contain components polluting the environment,
- have a cleaning power similar to that of traditional products – they leave the furniture clean, disinfected and without stains,
- tend to be more cost effective than commercial products.
How does olive oil work?
The medical and gastronomic uses of olive oil are known all over the world. However, many people do not know that it is also a great ally in cleaning furniture. It works great for helping remove dust, food debris and stains.
Likewise, thanks to the oil compounds, it softens the wood and reduces its dull appearance, which is a natural effect that appears over time. For this reason, oil is a great help in polishing and restoring old furniture.
How does lemon essential oil work?
This natural ingredient is part of many cleaners, both natural and commercial. Thanks to the citric acid content, it is ideal for removing grease, dirt, tough stains and unpleasant odors. In this particular case, it is a disinfectant that will make your furniture smell beautiful.
How does vinegar work?
Without a doubt, vinegar is one of the most important ingredients when making a natural furniture cleaner. This popular product has dozens of benefits as it is a disinfectant and helps remove all types of dirt.
Applying it to furniture helps to keep it in good condition, affecting shine and protection against external factors. In addition, like lemon oil, it neutralizes odors well.
You still haven’t tried this cleaner? Follow the tips in this article and see its effects when cleaning leather and wooden furniture. You will love it!