Unlike other rooms in the house, cleaning the kitchen requires specific knowledge to effectively remove dirt and bacteria.
Microwave cleaning is therefore no exception. At first glance, this task may seem a bit complicated, but today we are going to give you some useful tips that will make your job a lot easier.
Frequent use of a microwave oven or an ordinary gas stove requires the removal of food residues and various splashes (oil, sauces, etc.). These are undoubtedly elements of kitchen equipment that are exposed to dirt every day.
Hence, it is worth knowing how to keep them clean. Below you will find natural remedies that will allow you to clean the microwave oven and gas stove with care for the environment and your own health. You must try them out!
Cleaning the microwave oven – how to do it ecologically?
Later in this article you will find some great tips on how to get rid of everyday dirt from both microwave and gas ovens. Since we cook every day, food scraps and splinters from prepared meals accumulate on them every day.
Of course, in every supermarket you will find a lot of chemicals specially developed for cleaning kitchen appliances. However, we focus on nature and an ecological approach to cleaning.
Preparing detergents yourself has many advantages: they do not threaten the environment, they are safe for your body, they do not damage the surfaces you clean, and what is also important – they do not strain your home budget!
Cleaning the gas stove – how to make your work easier?
1. The first ally – warm water
If the oven is heavily soiled with grease, there is no need to use chemical degreasing agents. It is enough to use warm water for washing, and a small amount of it.
Simply moisten the stained surface with it, leave it for a while to soften the dirt, and then wipe it with a cloth, sponge or washcloth.
2. Baking soda and lemon
Baking soda and lemon are two ingredients that are great for ecological home cleaning. They can be used to prepare an extremely effective solution that will make cleaning the microwave and gas stove very easy.
- 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda (27-36 g)
- Juice from 2-3 lemons
A method of preparing
- Mix both ingredients together to form a foam paste at the beginning.
- When the paste stops effervescing, apply it to the dirty surface and wait a while for its cleaning properties to take effect.
- Then, use a sponge (preferably a wire) to rub the paste onto the surface to be cleaned.
- Finally, remove the residue with a damp cloth.
3. Alcohol – makes it easier to clean the microwave oven
Another measure that is very helpful in removing dirt from microwave and gas ovens is alcohol.
- All you need to do is moisten a cotton cloth with alcohol and wipe the dirty surface.
- Wait a few minutes, then rinse it with an alcohol-dampened sponge or brush.
- Finally, rub with a dry cloth to remove any residue.
Ecological microwave cleaning
1. Water with lemon
It is also a very simple method of cleaning a microwave and a gas stove. You will certainly find the ingredients needed to prepare the product in your kitchen.
- Half a lemon juice
- A glass of water (200 ml)
- A sprig of parsley or 1 teaspoon of baking soda – optional
A method of preparing
- First, squeeze the juice out of the lemon half. You can also add a finely chopped sprig of parsley or a teaspoon of baking soda to it. Mix with a glass of water.
- Then put a glass of lemon water in the microwave and turn it on high speed.
- Set the heating for a few minutes. In fact, power and time will depend on the device. Basically, the water evaporating from the glass should settle on the walls of the microwave oven. This process is easy to observe, because the glass in the door of the device will fog up.
- Then open the door and carefully pull out the glass. Be careful not to burn yourself.
- Finally, wipe the inside of the microwave oven with a damp cloth. You will see that the dirt comes off with great ease. The device will remain clean and free of all kinds of odors.
2. Baking soda
As in the case of cleaning a gas stove, baking soda will also work well for removing dirt from the microwave.
- Put a tablespoon (9 g) of baking soda on a damp kitchen sponge, and then scrub the dirty surfaces inside the microwave oven.
- Finally, rinse them thoroughly with water and wipe them with a dry cloth.
3. Vinegar – cleanliness and disinfection
The last tip on our list is to use another very effective cleaner – vinegar. You definitely have it at home!
It is worth noting, however, that the scent it emits is not as pleasant as the lemon aroma.
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar (15 ml)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water (300 ml)
A method of preparing
- Pour the vinegar into the glass bowl and mix it with the water. Then place the dish in the microwave.
- Turn the device on high power for 3 minutes.
- Then – just like in the case above – simply check the inside of the oven with a cloth.
- Additionally, you can also use a little baking soda to make cleaning the microwave even easier.
As you can see, cleaning a microwave oven is neither difficult, nor time consuming, nor expensive. Simple, natural products perfectly cope with dirt. Now you know – you can clean your kitchen cheaply and quickly, in just a few minutes!