Salt is an essential ingredient in all kinds of recipes. But did you know that it is also useful in beauty care? Due to its rough texture, sea salt is an excellent exfoliating hair product.
Are you wondering how sea salt can reduce the amount of sebum on your hair and scalp? Read on to find out all about this amazing ingredient.
What is sea salt known for?
Sea salt is naturally obtained from the ocean. It is not changed by any chemical processes, so it retains its basic properties. It is a healthier choice than the iodized version available in stores. You will certainly notice the big benefits of using this type of salt.
Get rid of greasy hair with sea salt
Oily hair is caused by the excessive production of oil from the sebaceous glands of the skin. If you don’t wash your hair properly or often enough, this substance can build up on your scalp and become difficult to remove.
As a result, oil build-up is reduced and the hair looks healthier. Sea salt also improves circulation to the areas of the skin where it is applied. This improves the supply of oxygen to the scalp.
Therefore, this way you will get faster hair growth, more volume and a much healthier scalp. Now that you know how it works and are ready to try this method at home, we’ll tell you how to apply sea salt to your hair.
Sea salt – how to prepare and apply it to your hair
- 2 servings of shampoo.
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of sea salt (30 to 45 g).
Preparation and application
- First, pour two portions of your favorite shampoo into a small container that has been properly cleaned and dried.
- Add two to three tablespoons of sea salt (depending on how greasy your hair is) to the shampoo container and mix well until the salt is completely dissolved.
- In the shower, apply some of this mixture to your hair, working it out all the way.
- Massage your scalp with the mixture for five minutes and let it act for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then rinse your hair with warm water. It’s usually a good idea to rinse them off with cold water at the end to close the hair cuticles.
- Finally, apply a moisturizing conditioner to help regenerate your hair.
You can repeat this process two to four times a week. After a month, you will begin to see great results. It is important to use this technique from time to time as doing it too often can dry out your hair.
The use of sea salt is especially recommended for people who have excess sebum on their scalp. Don’t use the mixture every time you wash your hair.
Sea salt is a real miracle for people for whom the use of cosmetics from the drugstore did not bring the desired results. Not only does it help remove excess sebum, it also accelerates hair growth and even eliminates dandruff.