Preparing a tasty and filling meal that is not too complicated at the same time does not have to be a challenge. Serrano soup is proof of this – it’s easy to prepare and delicious!
Most soups require attention and thoroughness when selecting, preparing and combining ingredients. The best thing about serrano soup is that all these steps are quite simple. Moreover, the nutritional values in this recipe will meet your calories, protein and mineral needs as recommended.
What is the special secret of this dish? On the combination of the right types of protein. Serrano soup contains pork (in the form of Serrano ham) and vegetables such as garlic, onion and parsley to satisfy your hunger and provide your body with the necessary nutrients.
In other words, this soup contains up to 60% vegetables, so it is perfectly balanced. It is worth noting that serrano soup is especially recommended for people struggling with various deficiencies, including iron deficiency, i.e. anemia.
Secondly, this soup is a great choice for people who need a boost of energy to be able to maintain their maximum level of activity, and at the same time do not want to feel heavy, which happens after eating other soups and broths.
Serrano soup: the best recipe
This delicious soup will give you a dose of healthy fats that your body needs to keep your bad cholesterol (or LDL) levels low enough. Moreover, one of the ingredients in serrano soup is the star of Mediterranean cuisine: garlic.
- 3 eggs
- 1 large onion (50 g)
- 7 cloves of garlic (25 g)
- 2 sprigs of fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of salt (75 g)
- 5 medium tomatoes (750 g)
- 1 cup of whole almonds (100 g)
- 2 large cups of serrano ham (200 g)
- 4 slices of wheat bread (300 g)
- Start by washing all your vegetables thoroughly.
- Then pour the water into the pot and simmer it.
- Leave the water in the pot to warm up slowly for 20 minutes.
- When the water is almost boiling, put the eggs in it and leave them in the pot for 10 minutes.
- Then put the eggs on a plate, peel and cut into pieces.
- Then peel the garlic cloves and make sure there is no dry skin left on them. Crush them, squeeze them through the press or grate them.
- Then put the garlic and almonds in a hot pan with a little olive oil.
- Let the garlic and almonds fry over the slightest heat so that the flavors blend well.
- Then remove them from the pan and set the pan aside. Using a blender, grind the garlic and almonds into a smooth, thick paste. If you want, you can add a little water to make blending easier.
- Then remove the stalks and hard parts from the center of the tomatoes. Slice each tomato slightly from the bottom.
- Blanch the tomatoes for about two minutes in a small pot of boiling water, then drain the water, remove the skin and cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
See also: Spanish Cuisine
- Reach for the pan again that you used to fry the garlic and almonds. Dice the onion into small cubes and fry it in the same pan. Remember that ingredients require processing for a certain period of time. This will allow them to acquire the desired taste.
- When the onions turn golden brown, add the tomatoes. Then simmer the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Now, cut the Serrano ham (or any other ham that will replace the Serrano ham) into small cubes. The idea is to get as many pieces as possible from the amount of ham you have.
- Add the sliced ham to the garlic-almond paste and mix until completely combined.
- Then pour 5 glasses of water into a large pot, put in the sliced eggs and add all the other ingredients. Boil the soup for 15 minutes.
- Cut the bread into small pieces and fry them in a pan in a little vegetable oil.
When the soup has cooled down a bit, serve it with croutons. Enjoy the taste of a delicious and healthy meal!