Are you looking for natural ways to halt ay snoring ? When it comes time to sleep, we try to relax so that we can rest properly at the end of the day. It is important to create a quiet, tranquil atmosphere that will help us to get well-deserved sleep.
Unfortunately for many couples, families or friends there is one major problem that gets in the way – snoring. In this article, we will propose some natural methods that will definitely help you fight this annoying problem.
Natural remedies to help stop snoring
The composition of natural remedies is easier to verify than with commercial drugs. It is easier to determine if we can eat them and that they will not cause any food allergies and other undesirable effects. Natural products are also much safer for your overall health.
Let’s look at some natural remedies that can help you fight snoring.
Honey is a natural expectorant that helps to thin the mucus in the bronchi. It can cause snoring as it blocks the airways while you sleep.
- 2 teaspoons of raspberry leaves
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Boil raspberry leaves in a glass of water.
- Add honey, mix well and gargle before going to bed without swallowing.
2. Olive oil and rue
This method requires patience as you need to wait about two weeks after combining the ingredients.
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of rue
- Pour the olive oil into a glass bowl or jar.
- Add rue and mix.
- Cover the container with aluminum foil and set aside in a dark, dry place.
- After two weeks, strain and discard leaves. Apply the resulting oil to your nose and neck.
3. Eucalyptus and mint
These two ingredients have expectorant properties that help to thin the mucus but also moisturize the throat mucosa. They also open up the airways, stopping snoring and the discomfort it causes.
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of eucalyptus leaves
- 2 tablespoons of mint leaves
- Put all ingredients in water and bring to boil.
- Take it off the heat and let it infuse for 1o minutes.
The treatment consists in inhalation, inhaling the steam. Be sure to keep your distance from the vessel containing the brew to avoid scalding your face. To increase the effect, you can cover your head with a towel or sheet.
Onion is a powerful natural digestive remedy that has no contraindications and no side effects. It can also be used to open the airways, which will facilitate breathing and allow you to enjoy a peaceful sleep, free from snoring.
- Cut the onion in half, add a little salt and put it on the bedside table.
- You can also take a few deep breaths before going to bed.
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Add turmeric to warmed milk and drink it before going to bed to prevent snoring.
This remedy will also help with infections as it strengthens the immune system.
For good results, use these remedies regularly. Also, remember to make sure that you are not allergic or food intolerant to any of the ingredients.