Gout, or arthritis or gout, is a disease caused by excessively high levels of uric acid in the blood. When there is too much of it, it begins to crystallize and build up as crystals in tendons, joints and nearby tissues.
This results in painful episodes of acute arthritis. Today you’ll learn how to naturally remove uric acid and uric acid crystals from your joints and improve your quality of life.
Uric acid and gout
The elderly are particularly affected by gout, but in recent decades an increase in the incidence of the disease has been observed in all age categories.
Uric acid, the concentration of which is elevated, may indicate its overproduction, but it may also be a sign of renal dysfunction, or a diet rich in products containing purines, an aromatic organic compound.
How to reduce uric acid?
A healthy, balanced diet is very important, and each time it should be varied with new products that are rich in water and in a smaller amount in purines.
Take a cucumber as an example . Every 100 µg of this vegetable contains 7.3 mg of purine. It is therefore an ideal product thanks to which uric acid in the body can be reduced, and with it the risk of developing gout will be reduced.
Water helps eliminate uric acid crystals that accumulate in the joints, causing severe and persistent pain that effectively prevents normal functioning. As you can see, this remedy is very powerful.
Therefore, it is recommended to drink plenty of it, at least two liters a day, and eat foods rich in it. In addition to cucumber, it can be zucchini, pumpkin and some fruits.
The most common causes of gout and elevated uric acid levels:
- high blood pressure
- chronic kidney problems
- previous family history of the disease
When the body needs to process large amounts of protein from various food sources, such as red meat, there is a high probability that uric acid will start to rise.
Some of the acid from protein metabolism is eliminated in the urine and sweat, but a small amount remains in the body. If this value starts to exceed the norm, it is deposited in various places such as blood or joints.
The accumulated sodium urate crystals cause a lot of pain, cause swelling, redness and a feeling of pressure and distress, especially in the big toe or hand, and to a lesser extent in the knees, ankles, feet, shoulders and elbows.
Natural ways to eliminate uric acid crystals
When the uric acid level in the body is elevated, its amount can be reduced by regular consumption of natural, quick-to-prepare juice.
- medium-sized cucumber
- two celery stalks
- lemon slice
- one teaspoon of grated ginger
All ingredients need to be cleaned, cucumber and celery cut into slices, and then put everything in a blender. Then add a lemon slice and ginger to the mixture.
Then the ingredients should be mixed together until a homogeneous, smooth mass is obtained. The drink prepared in this way should be drunk daily, preferably on an empty stomach, and the second portion at any time of the day.
In addition to regular drinking of the cocktail, it is recommended to reduce the level of purine in the diet and exercise regularly, for example taking a walk every day.
Uric acid – reduce its amount with home remedies
Do you have problems with your blood uric acid levels? Do you suffer from an accumulation of crystals in your joints? If so, the following tips and advice will surely interest you:
- The juice obtained from four carrots, mangoes, a slice of pineapple, 30g of strawberries, cucumber and lemon (prepare each separately), mix and drink in the morning after preparation. If symptoms recur, repeat the procedure in the evening.
- Pour 30 g of cranberries into one liter of cold water and bring to a boil, then leave to cool for 3 minutes. After the recommended time has elapsed, cover the preparation for 10 minutes, and then pour it through a strainer. The recommended consumption is three glasses a day.
- Mix three tablespoons of rosemary oil with three tablespoons of soybean oil and use the preparation to massage the sore spots affected by gout.
- Prepare a juice from ripe tomatoes and drink it up to three times a day. You can also include more tomatoes, preferably raw tomatoes in your diet.
Other effective ways
- Apply a compress of baking soda and a small amount of water to the affected areas. This will reduce the feeling of pain and swelling.
- You can also knead two cloves of garlic and mix it with a tablespoon of wheat bran and apple cider vinegar. Prepare a compress from the resulting mass and apply it to the sick area.
- It is a good idea to prepare a preparation of two cabbage leaves and massage with circular movements into areas that hurt at least two or three times a day.
- cook half an onion for three minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then pour it through a strainer and drink one cup at least three times a day. If you don’t like the taste of onions, you can add a teaspoon of honey to the cup.
- You can cook the corn on the cob whole in half a liter of water for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, strain and drink three cups of liquid a day.
- In half a liter of water, boil three sprigs of parsley, 50 g of cabbage and half an onion for about 15 minutes. Then remove from heat, strain and cool. Before drinking, add lemon juice. Best eaten before dinner.
- Boil half a liter of water and add two tablespoons of elderberry flowers. Cover and leave for a few minutes, then strain and cool. The preparation should be drunk during the day, and a little honey can be added to the sweet.
- Another way is to cut the aloe vera leaf and separate the flesh of the plant. Apply to places where uric acid accumulates. The poultice can be made directly from the cut leaf.
Don’t ignore the problem of high uric acid. You can lower its level by natural methods.