We all know that daily physical activity such as walking or jogging is beneficial not only for the body but also for the mind. However, due to the daily responsibilities at home and at work, it is difficult to find free time.
How about 20 minutes a day? There are many benefits to having such a short walk. All you need to do is include it in your daily routine. A walk increases the quality of life, has health benefits and also relaxes.
A walk and all its benefits
It is best to walk in the morning or in the evening, because then the sun does not bother that much and the walk is much more pleasant. It’s worth spending at least 20 minutes a day each morning. You can go alone or in company.
You’re probably asking yourself: will less than half an hour a day really improve your health? Yes of course. The University of Illinois in the United States conducted a very interesting study in 2013, the results of which were published in the magazine “Neuroscience”. Below we present you all their conclusions:
1. Mental development
- Walking for twenty minutes improves intellectual abilities. It oxygenates and relaxes the brain, provides it with new stimuli and improves blood flow, which in turn facilitates the absorption of endorphins.
- If you are consistent and walk daily, you will mobilize basic functions such as concentration, memory and information processing.
- You have to remember that sometimes you get monotone and it negatively affects your motivation, so something as trivial as a walk will help activate your brain and improve your heart rate.
2. A great therapy for depression
- People who suffer from depression usually choose places that are not stimulating, especially without light, excessive sounds and human contact. Walking can be a great way to improve social relationships.
- Walking, deep breathing and an even heartbeat relax the brain. This is when you feel best and start seeing problems from a different perspective. Then your approach is completely different.
- If walking becomes a habit every day, you will not only be healthy, but you will also be able to combat depression more easily.
3. A simple way to a healthy heart
As you walk, the veins and arteries become more flexible and stretchy, so blood reaches all corners of the body much faster.
Did you also know that walking can lower blood pressure? No matter how old you are, by spending 20 minutes a day you can avoid heart disease, even those that are genetically determined. Walking is also beneficial for diabetics because it improves metabolism and regulates blood sugar levels ..
4. Other benefits you didn’t know about
- Walking also affects the skeletal system to some extent. There is no need to tire yourself with exercise. It is enough to walk around the park every day to avoid osteoporosis.
- The marches are fantastic in stimulating the metabolism and preventing constipation. In addition, they cleanse the body and regulate all gastric functions.
- You can also strengthen your legs by walking. Women are most prone to varicose veins and knee problems. A daily walk improves the muscles and bones of the legs, preventing this type of ailments.
Rest assured, it’s never too late to start! It doesn’t matter if you are used to a sedentary lifestyle. A short walk will not be a huge effort. You only need 20 minutes and you will feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
Remember to wear appropriate clothes, shoes and a bottle of mineral water to avoid dehydration.
Always start slowly, calmly, gradually increasing your pace. Don’t run! It is about a smooth, light walk. Walk for the first 15 minutes and then slower for 5 minutes.
It’s best to walk about 2 km a day because it’s a great way to stay healthy and feel great! Are we starting today?